Solarise network event in De Branding, Middelkerke on 10 February 2020 organised by the municipality Middelkerke.
This event focused on the realisation of solar projects in different settings like industrial estates, social housing, schools and how citizens can be involved in larger solar projects.
On the program:
- WVI – Solar technology on business parks.
- Beauvent – Solar power for communities, by communities.
- Vereniging van Vlaamse Huisvestingsmaatschappijen – ASTER-project: Access to sustainability for tenants through effective retrofit.
- City of Fourmies – Solar technology on schools in the city of Fourmies.
- Brighton and Hove City Council – Solar pilots on social housing blocks of flats.
- On-site visit Middelkerke – Solar PV combined with a building energy management system at the police station of Middelkerk.
The experts explained how they approached the projects, designed the projects and which difficulties they had to solve during the process. Other experts explained how they involved communities in the design and decision processes.
And on top of that participants had the unique opportunity to visit the energetically refurbished police station of Middelkerke.
Here you can download the presentations of our speakers: