UPJV is a multidisciplinary university which brings to the project the skills and competences of researchers and facilities in different fields of engineering and life science. UPJV has international recognition as a teaching and research university in fundamental and applied science as well as in the humanities.
Its R&D activities are supported by a dedicated office which acts as an interface to facilitate partnerships and provides support in securing funding and in knowledge and technology transfer.
UPJV is the lead partner of the Solarise project. In addition to its role as coordinator, UPJV contributes to several actions and activities:
- Simulation and design of solar installations;
- Innovative solar technologies;
- Smart grids, net-metering, IoT, EMS;
- Solar feasibility studies methodology;
- Feasibility study for a 3500 m2 rooftop solar PV on three UPJV buildings;
- Installation of an innovative solar living lab in a laboratory building at UPJV;
- Solar transition plan.